Kenmore Catle Company
Indian River County, Florida - 1951
The Kenmore Cattle Company, a partnership between Prescott Gardner, Hubert Graves, Gilbert Barkoskie and W.E. Sexton was dissolved in 1951 and Waldo received the south most 160-acres as his portion of the company’s holdings.
This piece to the east and a larger tract to the west of the lateral C canal running parallel to Ranch Road became what are today known as Treasure Hammock Ranch, located in the Southern region of the Sebastian River Water Control District and originally comprising approximately 600 acres.
In 1951, Ralph Sexton had finished a tour of duty in the Merchant Marines and studies for a degree in Animal Husbandry at the University of Florida and returned home to realize his dream of becoming a Cattleman. He bought Treasure Hammock Ranch from Waldo and set about to pay for it with its annual produce of calves.
CLARK GABLE PREPARES HONEYMOON RANCH: Ready for occupancy by Clark Gable and his bride, Carole Lombard, latest Hollywood newly-weds, in the next two weeks will be the Gables ranch in the San Fernando Valley. Fourteen acres, developed for the most part, including thoroughbred horses, Clark Gable, is picture here with a whitewash gun he has been spraying his barns and stables with. With his workmen Gable had done most of the renovating of his seven room ranch home for his occupancy. April 1 ,1939 (original caption)